Saturday, October 1, 2011

It's all downhill from here!

We are at 21 weeks. My doctor said "It's all downhill from here".. not in a negative way. He said it more like we start counting down until the baby arrives instead of counting up to get to the half way point.  According to a thebump.com we have 130 days to go (give or take). That is crazy! I feel like I just found out I was expecting and now we are half way there!!

This journey has been very challenging for me.  I have lived my life one way for 26 years (especially the way I sleep every night) and now with this growing bump I have to change the way I do things.  It's very uncomfortable and I'm only 21 weeks.  As everyone tells me- I haven't seen anything yet.  Here is a picture of me at 21 weeks.  I think I went to bed Saturday and then woke up Sunday with a bigger baby bump.

On another note, since we are going downhill with this pregnancy it is time we start thinking about the nursery.  Hilary just got back from Uganda and brought a few things back for the baby.  We are doing a girly safari/jungle theme.  We have a giraffe and elephant, a mobile with animals, a zebra mask, a lion & a star made with different fabrics- all from Uganda! What a lucky little girl already. Presents from another country! That is all for now.  Our next appointment is in October. It will be the glucose test to check for diabetes.  I have this great looking orange drink chilling in the fridge for th day of my appointment! Oh joy! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment