Monday, October 10, 2011

Updates & Surprises

This week the Mr. is out of town in business (Louisiana to be exact). Although I have my sisters around it just doesn't make up for my husband. I miss him terribly when he is away. Last night when I was in bed tossing and turning, trying to get comfortable, I had a little surprise. Once I found my comfortable position surrounded by pillows I felt something and it surprised me. I didn't know what it was but it was in my belly.  Then it happened again and again.  Miss Olivia was kicking me! I guess my constant tossing and turning was getting on her nerves. I imagined her telling me to quit moving and just get comfy so she could relax too.  I hate that the Mr. wasn't home to experience this with me. I sent him a text message (because he was on an airplane when this all happened) and he responded when he landed.  Thankfully it wasn't a visable kick but something I could feel going on in my body.  So maybe he will be around when it is a visible kick!

Other updates:  My next doctor's appointment is next week. It is my glucose test so I am just thrilled about drinking the lovely orange drink that has been sitting in the fridge since our last appointment. I heard it isn't awful but I just don't like having to drink things for medical reasons... previous experiences have been awful! Also, we are getting bigger (me and the baby). My stomach is getting out there and it continues to be a joy doing the same old things and feeling so uncomfortable.  Some ladies in my bible study made a positive out of this.  Enjoy the uncomfortable now because for the next baby I won't have the luxury of just sitting and relaxing.. I'll be chasing Miss Olivia around! So true and a great perspective from the ladies who have been there and done that. I appreciate their guidance, prayers and tips. I appreciate all of them... sometimes I'm just not excited to be going through this but I do appreciate being grounded in my emotions.  I'm not the only one who has ever gone through this and I'm certainly not the last one to experience all this. Other aches and pains... my hands and feet are swollen. I am not wearing my wedding rings because I don't want them to get stuck on my finger and have to be cut off. My little toesies are literally piggies. My closet is full of shoes that I really don't find comfortable to put on my feet.  Thankfully the winter is coming and my Uggs are calling my name!!!

Things have been busy with school and midterm week so I'll try to update next week after my appointment. xo

PS- Happy Birthday to my sweet and fabulous sister-in-law Madison!!! XOXO

2 comments:

  1. So she finally gave you a good kick! I am glad to hear this after asking you each time we chat! I suggest you bring your UGGS when you come to the mountains to visit. They will be keeping your feet warm! See you soon! I can't wait to read Olivia a story and sing her a song!
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. So she finally gave you a good kick! I am glad to hear this after asking you each time we chat! I suggest you bring your UGGS when you come to the mountains to visit. They will be keeping your feet warm! See you soon! I can't wait to read Olivia a story and sing her a song!
    Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete