Tuesday, October 18, 2011

23 weeks and 6 days

Today I had a doctors appointment.  It was for a glucose test and ob check. I made sure to schedule a morning appointment because I had to fast, drink the glucose stuff then go get my blood work done.  I should be getting my results tomorrow. They are testing for diabetes. There is no immediate concern, I am not showing signs for diabetes, but they test all of the patients around the 24 week appointment just to be sure. They only had orange flavor, which is my least favorite (both in taste and color).  It wasn't terrible awful. It tasted like the liquid part of an ice pop- the flavored sugar water part that melted and was left at the bottom of your ice pop. 
Breakfast of Champions!




Color Palette for the Nursery



I have had some questions about the nursery.  We don't have our nursery set up yet.  I have a sister currently living in the space that will soon be the nursery... so these are just some of the ideas/thoughts we are having so far.  We have not registered for anything at the present moment (just in case you are wondering).  The color palette is something I'm excited about... especially the pink part! 









Nursery Bedding: Jungle Jill from Carters

After Hilary brought back things from Africa we wanted to do a jungle/safari theme for a girl.  We found this bedding that has jungle animals and is girly.  I'm pretty sure that is the bedding we are going to get.  I'm probably not going to get the whole set- I'm not a big "sets" type of person- matching sheets, bumber, curtains, wall hangings, etc....  I just really like the quilt & the bumper.. but I don't know how this particular set is sold (each item sold separately?) I don't want the room to be matchy-matchy. We will see. I'm sure things will change when we get everything started and painted. 





 







Dresser/Changing Table (before future revamp)
This is the only piece of furniture we have for the nursery.  We found this dresser at a consignment shop for an amazing deal.  We plan on painting it white and I have purchased some pink glass knobs from Hobby Lobby to change the dresser pulls. It looks a little beat up now but with a little TLC this will be a fabulous dresser/changing table for Miss Olivia's nursery. We wanted something that would function as both a dresser and a changing table- so we had to make sure it was the perfect height, lengths & width.  It is much bigger than it looks in the pictures... believe me.  But the perfect height for the Mr. or myself to change some diapers.






1 comment:

  1. Time for a new baby bump photo please!?
    Thank you mija. . . Dios te bendiga. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete