Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Keep us guessing!

Ultrasound: baby bump covered in ultrasound goop.
Last night I was so anxious about our appointment today that I barely slept (good anxious not bad). Today was our third ultrasound.  It was a wonderful experience to see the baby and all of the changes since the 11 week ultrasound.  This ultrasound COULD have been the one to tell us what we are having- boy or girl.... but little baby decided it did not want to cooperate.  Baby was relaxing on its stomach.  It reminded me of how I like to sleep- on my stomach. The ultrasound tech was so understanding and gracious. I'm sure this happens all of the time.  She was showing us different things with the baby- spine, ribs, brain, lips, nose, legs, feet- all while trying to get the baby to turn around so we could get a good shot at the girl or boy parts.  We tried three different times.  After the first attempt, she brought me some Sprite, asked me to walk around, etc. to see if we could get the baby flipped.  The second attempt was not a big difference from the first... he/she was still on it's stomach & did not flip.  In fact, it was moving and kicking like we were bothering it.  So again, I tried different things to see if the baby would flip.  I went to the bathroom, walked around, turned on my side on the table... but this time it worked! HOWEVER, the legs were now above the head and the ankles were crossed.  He/she was very adamant that we were not going to see their girl/boy parts today. The Mr. and I were so disappointed because the suspense is killing us! We want to know what we are having and today should have been the day.  All I can do is laugh.  I think it is quite hilarious that no matter what we did, he/she was staying put. Reminds me a little of myself and my stubborn ways.  :)  I have posted some picture from our experience today.  We received a DVD of 2 of the attempts.  The technician tried so hard to get us that answer- a boy or girl!?  She said she thought it was a certain sex but didn't want to say for sure... she's been doing this a long time and so she recognized some things she felt were distinct for one sex.  Jason and I popped in the DVD when we got home and watched it on a bigger screen and we THINK we saw something distinct but we aren't sure.  Let's just say we aren't going out and buying anything gender specific.  We want to be 100% sure so we will just have to wait patiently for a few more weeks!!! xo



Here is a picture from when the baby flipped... just a little profile picture. I am 17 weeks and 6 days but the baby is measuring 18 weeks and 2 days so they moved my due date from February 8th to February 6th. Not too much of a difference.
  

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to predict it will be a BOY baby. . . Thanks for sharing the pictures of our grandchild! It's truly amazing how s/he is growing each day in your womb! God bless and be with you. I think baby Binky is waiting for Titi Hilary to come home from Africa! God be with you all. Love, Mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope- I think it's a girl. Only a girl would be stubborn enough to not reveal herself ;) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Wuelito's says it is a boy! he has a mind of his own!

    ReplyDelete