Thursday, September 1, 2011

Individuality

Happy September! I can't believe it's already September... that just seems crazy! Great things happening this month:  The Mr. is celebrating a birthday, Gamecock football starts again, we find out the sex of the baby & Hils returns from Uganda!!! I can't wait for all the excitement!
So after admitting that I have not really read up on anything pregnancy related, I went to the bookstore and bought something simple that I know I could make time for.  I bought this book that is sort of a devotional.  Each week, there is a bible verse, a prayer for the baby & a little description of what is going on with the baby and with me that week.  This week (week 17) is about individuality and uniqueness.  The bible verse that goes along with it is:

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14

It is crazy to think that this baby, a mixture of the Mr. and myself, is still going to be its own person and have traits from us both.  There will be no other baby like this baby... there will be no other person like this person. My prayer this week is for this baby to love his or her qualities, traits and uniqueness.  I'm excited to get another ultrasound done next week.  I hope we will find out the sex but you never know... sometimes it just doesn't happen because the baby wants to keep it a secret.  The amazing part for me is just seeing the changes after a few short weeks.  The first ultrasound we had, at week 6, was not much of anything.  You could see a circular object in the midst of the black and white picture.  The second ultrasound we had was definitely a change from week 6.  The biggest thing we noticed was arms! The baby appeared to be resting its head on one arm and resting the other arm on its body (like when you rest on your side and rest your head on your arm.. you know?). 

As for me, I started this pregnancy with some bad morning sickness but it seems to have settled down a bit.  It went from everyday being sick to my stomach or physically sick to every couple of days... still not 100% gone though.  Something new is feeling sick after going to the gym.  I do about 30-45 minutes of cardio and then some weights (either arms or legs).  It's always after I do some cardio that I feel ill.  I may calm that down for a while and try prenatal yoga.  We'll see how that goes.  I hope it gets completely better soon. I just hate the feeling of being sick to my stomach. Crackers and ginger ale are the last thing I want now because I've had SO much of that combination.  That is all for now.  I posted a picture from Bump Day.. I don't see much difference from week 16 but I'm happy about that.. I don't want to get too large too fast. I hope your September is amazing & full of wonderful memories!
Go Gamecocks!!!!!! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment