Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend

With this being the weekend of Mother's Day I have taken a new perspective on the whole thing, naturally.  I am honored to be Miss O's mother.  I still can't believe the Mr. & I created such a beautiful baby girl.  I really can't get enough of her! I take a million photos in one sitting, I check on her while she is sleeping to just watch her angelic face and I kiss her as much as I can when she's in my arms.  I have been blessed for sure. I just pray that I will always be the kind of mother Miss O needs- for whatever situation she may encounter in her life.  I do not want a big celebration for what I am doing... that is just not how I am.  I like to celebrate things but, believe it or not, it is difficult for all the focus just to be on me. It makes me uncomfortable. I like sharing the spotlight- probably because I am a twin and we shared everything.  Instead of focusing on myself, I am challenging myself to focus on God and the blessings he has given us.  After all, it was God who gave us our mothers and our mothers mothers.  He has given us blessings that we could never repay and hardships that formed us to be the people we are today.  There are many mothers in our family- between the Mr & myself.  We love each of them so much and each one has played a different, yet very important, part in our lives.  We can't wait for Miss O to grow up and really get to KNOW all the mothers in this family. Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers in our family. 

Here are some pictures of Miss O taken at 14 weeks old.  This post can't be all words... have to throw in some pictures of our obsession (she is not just our obsession after all).  xoxo







Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.  He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.  James 1:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment