Monday, October 8, 2012

a big move

Our sweet baby girl is growing so fast... ridiculously fast.  When I went to pick her up from daycare Friday, the ladies asked if I had spoken with the director of the daycare yet.  I told them I had not and they notified me that she was thinking of moving Miss O to the 1 year old room {she is 8 months old}.  I cried inside a little.  It is so hard to believe she won't be in the "Baby Room" much longer.   It is hard to believe she has grown up SO much in just 8 months in this world. I was pretty sad about that... where did my baby go??  Monday morning is here and sure enough... I went to drop off Miss O and the director asked me if I was ready for her to move.  I may not be ready but she clearly is.  They aren't moving her right away, all day.  We discussed a transition period... moving her in the afternoons to see how she does.  I don't doubt she will be fine.  She is strong and very strong willed.  She is determined to be a "big kid" and you can see it in her eyes.  Last week we took her out of the nursery at church and went to the gym where all the big kids were playing.  She was in HEAVEN! She was laughing and smiling from ear to ear watching all the kids run around, play basketball, kick balls around, etc.  She is such an incredible baby... and I know I'm biased because she is mine.  But I really get blown away with her.  She very much takes after her dad.  You can see her processing things in her head.  If you take some time to explain to her what to do... she will have it down in no time. Gosh... I just love this girl of mine.  We have a very health obsession with our fabulous baby/big girl. We hope you are enjoying the fall weather, pumpkin everything, leaves changing... we certainly are!! I can't wait to celebrate all the holidays with Miss O- her first Halloween {just WAIT for her costume}, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years & Three Kings Day!!!  It will be her birthday before we know it because the holidays always come and go so quickly.  We will enjoy EVERY moment as it comes.  The following pictures are strictly from my phone... it takes me a while to get them off the phone but here they are.  Love, Love. xo

PS- Miss O did watch the Gamecocks destroy the Georgia Bulldogs {35-7} this weekend.  She will have the cheers down in no time! ;) C-A-R-O-L-I-N-A! GOOOOOO COCKS!

A rare moment I did not take for granted. Sweet baby girl

Ready for the Fall Weather!! Dress, tights & boots!! 

Grandma's couch is so much fun... an endless play yard! 

Dinner & First trip to IKEA {dinner was a bottle.. nothing fancy}

my obsessions <3 <3

she saw herself in the mirror... but I think she thought it was another baby.
 She smiled then was confused. 

so many things she can pull out onto the floor... she was in heaven. 

Master the Stairs: Check.
We don't have stairs at our house... but they aren't an obstacle for this girl.

she loves books... turning the pages {she really loves paper}
she pulled several books off the shelf. 

On the way home from NC and she grabbed her bottle and started feeding herself.
She literally would not drink if I helped her.  

2 comments:

  1. It is very crazy how fast they grow!! I can't believe that Bennett will be 3 in 6 months! Pretty soon she'll be 1!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett is such a cute big boy! He will def be a heart breaker!! :)

    ReplyDelete