Friday, April 13, 2012

Some Bling for Her Ears.



Yesterday was our minor celebration of Olivia being 10 weeks old! For her little celebration, I took her to get her ears pierced. She did not know what she was getting into, of course. My mom & I took her to Claires. When I was in college I worked at Claires. I am familiar with their training and their technique (not that it is different from other places) but I felt more comfortable going there. We got her some 3mm 14k gold CZ's (her diamonds will come later in life... per her daddy). In my opinion, it is SO much better to get babies ears pierced. When I pierced ears at Claires, I had toddlers jump out of their parent's arms and run out of the store after one ear was pierced. When they are baby-babies they don't know what exactly that pain was so they cry and then get over it. Miss O has not really discovered her ears, per se, so she hasn't been touching the earrings or irritating her ears. She did not cry as much as she did when she got her shots. The Mr. did not go with us because he does not want her to associate him with pain (he does not like to see his baby girl cry at all!) Here are some photos taken of the process.



Letting Joi (the manager of Claires) prep the station for the piercing


Joi (the manager) getting ready. Miss O has no clue.

Up in the chair.

Joi was fabulous & entertaining.

They mark the ears first- then you examine them to make sure they are even.
(hence the purple pen in Joi's hand)

She knows something is going on... just look at that face.

Ear piercing gun up to her ear....

Click! It's in!! End product looks great but Miss O was not a fan of the process.
(The face daddy wanted to avoid seeing.)


Happy 10 Weeks to my sweet girl!

1 comment:

  1. Valerie,

    Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your thoughtful reasoning and description and pictures of having your dd's ears pierced as an newborn. I think you were a super smart mommy for doing it now when mommy can care for them. She'll thank you later!

    Our ped also encouraged to do it when mommy could care for them. I think babies and little girls with pierced ears are adorable. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for "Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced/Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

    If you or any other moms thinking about it and want to do it now or would like them, write me an e-mail.

    Angie
    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete