Monday, September 9, 2013

Football is in the air!

I love football season. Well in this house WE love football season because we love football. I love sports in general... I don't enjoy watching a few select ones on TV though. A new reason why I LOVE football season is I now get to share these games and this sport with my daughter. I used to tell my mister how growing up I would always watch football with my dad and I would always fall asleep. As a little girl, I don't remember the games, teams or scores but I do remember being a little girl curled up with my dad. That little moment in my life was perfect. And now we have that little moment with Miss O. Yesterday was the second Gamecocks game and we lost to Georgia. I didn't take with me the loss, the teams mistakes, or all the negative comments... I took with me my daughter learning the Gamecock cheers, clapping, laughing and already recognizing our Gamecock everywhere she sees the logo.

To me, football is tradition. And that is one of the biggest reasons why I so look forward to it every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment